27 October 2011

On Going Battle with Delta Airline @delta

On the 15th of October I sent Delta a complaint (see my Post)- WOW - I finally got a response!!  Their feeble response is in italics... My response is at the bottom...

Anyone else having less than satisfactory experiences from Airlines?

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Contact Delta <ContactUs.Delta@delta.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. Shelton,

RE: Case Number 4659444

Thank you for writing regarding you and your wife's recent travel experiences with us. On behalf of everyone at Delta Air Lines, I sincerely apologize for letting you down in so many ways.

Let me begin by saying that we take your concerns very seriously and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience you have been caused. Please know Delta is committed to providing our most loyal customers with the excellent service you deserve and have every right to expect and I acknowledge that we fell short of our goal on these trips.

Our goal is to surpass your expectations in each and every way. Your comments were good examples of how our aircraft maintenance, cabin conditions, and in-flight entertainment systems affect our passengers who travel with us the most. While the monitor malfunction that occurred onboard Flight 269 was not a safety threat, as the necessary safety instructions are also included on a placard in the pockets of all our seats, I do apologize for any concern you felt as a result. Rest assured the safety of our passengers is our number one priority and our future course of action is based on feedback like that which you have provided. We are taking your concerns very seriously and I have shared them with our Corporate Leadership team for internal review.

With that being said, I recognize your request for reimbursement of your pet boarding expenses along with a partial refund of your airfare. However, regretfully, I am unable to completely fulfill your request. We do understand the grave impact itinerary disruptions can have upon prepaid expenses but we do not indemnify our air transportation customers against the loss of expenses with other companiesAdditionally, I am unable to provide a refund of your airfare on an already flown ticket.

Nevertheless, in an effort to show you how truly sorry we are for the negative travel experiences, I have issued you and your wife each an Electronic Transportation Credit Voucher (eTCV) in the amount of $150.00. Please note the voucher number and associated Terms and Conditions will be arriving in a separate e-mail. I encourage you to add Delta Air Lines to your receiver list so the voucher document is not misdirected to your spam folder. Please keep the voucher number and the Terms and Conditions since the number is required for redemption. It is also important to remind you that there is no Direct Ticketing fee for reservations confirmed online at delta.com.

In closing, I hope I have been able to explain any concerns you have about the service you experienced and our commitment to prevent a reoccurrence. As a valued SkyMiles member, your comments are critical in our efforts of becoming the premier global airline with a leading presence in the world's major markets. We appreciate you and your wife trusting your business to us and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you once again under better circumstances in the near future.

Sincerely,

Heather Bennett
Coordinator, Corporate Customer Care
Delta Air Lines


MY RESPONSE
Dear Ms Bennett,

I really expected Delta to blow me off... your feeble excuses are sadly the state of corporate America.  As you have probably already predicted there is a slim chance that I would ever meet your terms and conditions for your pitiful voucher.  Your statement that your company is safety minded leaves me laughing; thank you for that.

I see that Delta still refuses to grant our travel points SkyMiles acct #2127108229 . I guess SkyMiles is just a ploy for people to think they are "valued" ; so, please don't say that I am a "valued member" when it is perfectly clear that I am not!

Now that I have vented regarding your lackadaisical email.  Who is the next person to contact or voice my request to?... if this were a phone call I would be asking for a supervisor... quite simply who do I talk to now to re-submit my complaint?

Thank you,
Joe Shelton




 @Delta, #Delta,

No comments:

Post a Comment