15 October 2011

Delta Debacle @Delta Fail

Damn I am getting old... I hate complaining!  Here is my story about Delta Airlines...

Many of you know we just returned from a great Mediterranean Cruise.  I plan to post about it soon.
The following is a partial copy of my notes to Delta:

"Original flight DL1746 on 11Sep2011 PHX to ATL 3 hour maintenance delay.
Flight DL10 on 11Sep2011 which we barely made; had no maintenance issues, but my wife and I were separated by the aisle... how dumb to separate family members...
On 13Oct2011 DL133 ATH to JFK 6 hour maintenance delay, 4 hour "air traffic control delay" not to mention the cockroaches on the plane - I killed two for you. The flight attendant says well that happens when you have food around.  How dumb of a statement.
Flight DL269 JFK to ATL safety compromised due to lack of working systems - following sent to FAA:

"Pre-flight safety video shown to only 1/2 of the plane.  The in seat video monitors and their sound system did not work on the port side seating.  No flight attendant back up instruction was given.

In the event of an emergency, 50% of the passengers might not have been able to act or perform safely. putting the entire plane in jeopardy.

When asked about the monitors, the attendant said they tried to reset it a couple of times - sorry about that.

Four out of Five flights on Delta have had mechanical issues.  Doesn't anyone hold them responsible for there lack of maintenance?"


Final flight DL1772 14Oct2011 ATL to PHX maintenance delay of 3 hours and change of aircraft.


We were in the same clothes for over 40 hours, your representatives at JFK gave vouchers for a 3 hour sleep at a hotel and Breakfast and Dinner vouchers... yes we used the breakfast voucher... the dinner voucher only good at JFK with our flight leaving at 0800 was useless. We have spent hundreds of dollars in additional boarding care for pets.  We spent thousands of dollars to fly Business class with delta and this has not been a pleasure.  All I received was a thanks for flying with us and we appreciate your patience...


Richard Anderson keep saying "safety first" Well I'm sorry Mr Anderson I don't feel Safe!
I notice you conveniently neglected to award mileage as well.


I expect compensation for our extra expense of pet boarding and a partial refund."

One of the better meals we got was a bowl of Corn Chex!


No razor, thank goodness I had a travel deodorant in my backpack...

Google the top airlines... I was shocked that Delta was listed 7th - those listed under that must be horrid!

The 21t annual edition of the Airline Quality Report (AQR) is out.
AQR ratings reflect US airline performance based on 15 reported monthly elements in areas important to air travel consumers. (eg - OT performance, mishandled bags. customer complaints, etc.).


Top 2010 performing carriers are:
1.  AirTran
2.  Hawaiian Air
3.  JetBlue
4.  Alaska
5.  Southwest

good luck if your flying Delta!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment