13 September 2011

Florence and Jack

Many of you know by now that Florence passed on 9/12/2011 @ 8:38 AM

Reflections:
It was just Florence and I in the room the day my dad died.

Dad was laying there in hospice in Cheyenne. I had read or someone told me that sometimes people need to know it is ok to go. Dad had made it his purpose to take care of Florence and seemed to be hanging on to the threads of life for some reason. I got close to the bed; not knowing if he could hear me and told him that it was ok to go, that I would take care of Florence. He opened his eyes for a moment as if understanding what I had just said and then he died.

I have since that day tried my hardest to be true to my word and today, being half way around the world is very difficult. I know that Dennis an Carol will take care of the arrangements, but it's still hard to be away.

I'm glad she is finally at peace with the world and gone to a better place

No comments:

Post a Comment