06 August 2011

Wheatland Wyoming Parade

I was in the Wheatland Parade today.

It all started Thursday when Blackie and I went and got the truck to decorate.  CH Brown Trucking was generous to loan the Veterans a truck for the parade.  Each Thursday the veterans meet for coffee so after coffee a few of us came to my house to decorate.


We had 17 Vets show up for the Parade.  From WWII all the way to Iraq and Afghanistan were represented.  11 walkers, one driver and 5 no walkers.  It is always great pride to provide the Color Guard for any event.  That's me farthest on the right...

















Following are pics of the parade courtesy of Jane... I asked her to use my camera (pretty damn good job).  The pics might not be in order from the time they left the camera got cropped and posted here.

 Interesting letting three Marines decorate a float and how the order of the service flags turn out.







































Many more Photos but this is a good sampling.

Great day at the parade!!

No comments:

Post a Comment